Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Response to "Starry Night"

When reading and listening to this poem, I felt and thought a couple of different things.  At first, from just reading it once and skimming it over, I didn't think much of it.  I just saw it as this lady trying to make a poem deeper that it need being.  I just looked at it appeared to look like, and not what was underneath.  I judged it before i really thought it through.

Reading it a second time and really thinking it through, I realized that there was more to it.  I saw a connection between her and Van Gough when he drew the painting and what she thought he was thinking.  She created her own version and her own story behind what Van Gough was thinking when he was drawing the painting.

Then, after we discussed the poem in class and i found out she committed suicide, it made me reread the poem and see that it was suicidal.  She's talking about How she wants to die, but she writes it like this: "This is how
         I want to die"
She makes I want to die it's own separate line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment