Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Writing Prompt #5

What are some important realizations and/or epiphanies that you have had about yourself, friends, family, and the world overall? How did you arrive at these realizations?

As kids, we take being a kid for granted.  We take childhood and little responsibilities and the carefreeness of being a child for granted.  I for one, have done this and do this.  I think that I can be a kid forever, and I can play outside with my friends without worry about paying the bills, maintaining or finding a job, taking care of family, and other things that go along with be an adult.  These leads to an epiphany I've had recently.

The epiphany that I've had is how much I'm going to miss being a kid when I'm all grown up and an adult.  How much I'll miss the carefree feeling of being a child without a real worry in my life.  I feel like this is an important realization to have at a young age.  Because I have realized this at a young age, I know to take advantage of every moment and every little part of my childhood.

Now that I have made this realization I hope that it will change the way I treat and use my childhood.  I hope that this epiphany will help me cherish every moment I have until I come of age and become an adult.  Because when I'm an adult I won't be able to enjoy the things I can now and i know that when I'm an adult I'll wish I was still a kid, so I don't want to live out my childhood with regrets.


Note: Please please please excuse this lateness.  When I first wrote this, I thought I published it but I realized I had just saved it in my drafts. My apologies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment