Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Please Don't Take My Air Jordans

I really liked this poem.  I felt like I could relate to it a lot, although i would never kill anyone over a pair of shoes... I can see where he is coming from.  In the world, although most people won't admit it, you're judged mainly on how you look.  How fly you're looking, or fresh your kicks are looking in this poem's case.  When you walk down the street people don't look at you and think, "I bet that guy has a great personality", they think, "wow that guy looks terrible in that poke-a-dot super skinny jeans", or, "wow that guy's pretty hot", and even sometimes, "that guy needs to pick up his pants".  We all feel pressured into looking good because we all want to impress the people around us.  We all want that new cool thing, those new Air Jordans.  We like it when people say that they think that our necklace is pretty, or that our shirt is pretty awesome.  The author felt so pressured by all of this, that he took a man's life in order to look good.

Nobody wants to be that guy that has all the old clothes that nobody thinks is cool anymore.  You can learn that from just glancing at this poem.  He would've lost all of his credit and respect if he didn't get new shoes.  He couldn't live with that, so he found a way to get his new shoes without spending a lot of money.  Although I do not agree AT ALL with what this person did, I can relate.  I can relate to the feeling of trying to look good in order to be accepted.  We can all relate to it, and that's why I like this poem.




(I had this saved in my draft folder, I forgot to publish it)

No comments:

Post a Comment